G.W.S Recommended and approved by Trading Standards
• Members of the scheme including G.W.S are committed to providing a high quality
service to their customers and complying with both the letter and the spirit of the
• The aim of the Buy with Confidence scheme is to help consumers to avoid rip-offs
and cowboys by providing a list of reputable local businesses, in a wide range of
• Member companies such as G.W.S have been independently checked by staff from the
local authority Trading Standards Service against the Scheme rules. The scheme is
Nationally recognised by the Office of Fair Trading.
• The scheme is run by Trading Standards departments in many local authorities. G.W.S
are subjected to stringent checks by Trading Standards staff to ensure their trustworthiness
and compliance with the law.
• Levels of consumer complaints against members are also monitored on a regular basis.
• G.W.S are expected to offer value for money and make all charges clear at the start
of a contract and remember, the cheapest quote will not necessarily be the best one.
“value for money”
“high quality service”
“complying with both the letter and the spirit of the law”